Empire of Ash

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Empire of Ash

Post by Teridactyl » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:51 pm

Notes
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, just because I've been busy doesn't mean I haven't been busy. Sorry to have to break this up like this, but this is another one of those long chapters that is taking a while. There's a lot to cover...and a lot of feels, too.

You can only trigger this scene in the game before you find Valentine, which was kind of a nifty surprise to discover, but the dialogue always seemed a little too stilted. It just seemed to jump ahead way too many leaps before Sole Survivor was like, "Yeah, sure, let me hop in another small enclosed piece of technology without caution! The last one went so well, after all!" I think just even getting IN the thing would set off a panic attack. But a free ride is a free ride, right? Also, Irma always gave off such a Mrs. Robinson vibe, I couldn't help myself. :D

Next part may take me a little longer. My husband and I are heading to the U.K. next Thursday for 10 days! Gonna be in London for two days, then head up to Scotland. Laptop will sadly have to stay home, though. At first I wasn't terribly excited about going, but work has been such a pain lately, I'm looking forward to the time off wherever it is. Rest assured, this project is still (always, always, always) on my mind and constantly in the works. I got some nifty stuff planned and I can't wait to share it. :D

Hey, that reminds me... Here's the freakiest and creepiest cover of one of the most romantic songs I know. It's sets up the perfect tone for what's up next... :nervous:

So, on that happy note :14: ...see ya later, everyone! Take care. :)
Last edited by Teridactyl on Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Entropy -- it's not what it used to be.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Empire of Ash

Post by Brambleberry » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Dammit Teri a freakin' Cliff Hanger? That was SOOOOooooooooo good! I like seeing the perspective while he's in the pod. Not something I ever thought about; well done!

sigh . . . back to camping Image

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Empire of Ash

Post by Serethil » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Ooooo - I read him saying about seeing Nora, and thought "holy shit, he's not going THERE is he?" Apparently.... I have a kind of bad feeling about the next installment! That was really a good read, Teri!
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

When the Dark comes rising, six shall turn it back,
Three from the Circle, three from the track;
Wood, bronze, iron; water, fire, stone:
Five will return, and one go on alone.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Empire of Ash

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:24 am

I don't think he thought this through very well. :broken_heart: I know I'm thinking of the bomb/s, Nora shot, Shaun taken... SO not good!! Even good memories of them will be hard, living the loss all over again. Oh man...
Love this, but wanting to cry for him too! I can only hope something good comes from it also, not just the bad memories. Got me in the feels again!
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Empire of Ash

Post by Teridactyl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:22 am

Thank you, everyone! You know, I was kinda dumb and jumped right into that pod without thinking about it when I first came to this scene, thinking it'd show us some new content, even though I know I should've known that was way out of the realm of the game. I got caught up in the immersion and got suckered into it, too! I don't blame Irma for false advertising, or Dr. Amari, or Sole Survivor. Just lack of information all around.

Painting frost on eyelashes and skin was something new for me, so now I have a new skill! I'm sure that'll come in handy for family Christmas photos. Blue lips for everyone! :18:

I've been cross-posting Nathan's journal on Archive of Our Own, and my own site teristearns.com, which is basically the same thing I've been posting here, only way more behind than here. (You guys are special...you get advanced screenings.) I mainly use my site as a repository to link my images instead of using a free service like Imgur, but decided to convert the whole thing into Nathan's journal because why not? I'm paying for the space, might as well do something with it, right?

Inevitably, I've edited a few things. Some text, but nothing significant. Mostly, I've changed some images around and added a few more "scrapbook" images (which I've since gone and relinked on previous posts here.)

I just got done planning out the ArcJet entry, and here are a couple of the new images I added to the story with a bit of a hi-tech theme. :)

Synth You've Been Gone...

Synth mod is Synth Overhaul - C.A.S.T., and I highly recommend it. :)

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Empire of Ash

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:54 am

Wow Teri!! That's a lot of work, I wish I had your patience. Hell, wish I had the time! These are great, I especially like that first one. That overhaul looks really good too, may have to check it out! (after I make sure my games are stable again. Grrr.)
Love your comic a lot, but the journal story also. I couldn't pick a fav, so they both are, heh heh. :D
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Empire of Ash

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:26 am

Awesome Teri! Did anyone else think at first glance, "Whoa that Paladin has a Light Saber!" Took my brain a second to process that it was from a laser gun shooting at the Pally.

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Empire of Ash

Post by Teridactyl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:38 am

I love doing all this. Everything I've been learning along the way has been a total blast and is absolutely worth it. The fact that you all appreciate it just furthers my motivation. :)

And Bram, now you have me thinking about Danse as a Jedi. Come to think of it, the BoS and the Jedi order have an awful lot in common. There are some good ones, and there's some not-so-good ones, but almost all of them are assholes in one fashion or another. :lol: Of course that's not ALL the similarities, but that basically covers it.

But Danse in Jedi robes... Hm. Further meditation this requires, thinks I. :mrgreen: