The Bannered Mare

Sakiri
Overlord
Zodiac:
Sweden

The Bannered Mare

Post by Sakiri » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 am

No, them looking for new revenue streams is a hint towards TES 6.

I'm afraid it's going to suck and be full of microtransactions for stupid shit and pay to win.
My craptastic YouTube channel

And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Kane » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:11 pm

That could be very possible, Sere. I could easily see a scenario where Uriel V returns, chucks out the Mede Dynasty, and smashes the Dominion with his dragon/Akaviri army.
Home is behind, the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade
All shall fade, all shall fade

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Kane » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Saki, I keep seeing people say stuff like that and can't help but think that it's wrong. The only thing remotely similar to that pay-to-win crap other developers pull is the Creation Club. But the CC is only cosmetic junk or short quests - nothing remotely pay-to-win related.

People like to point at 76 or Blades and shout "SEE! I told you so!", but those games weren't made by BGS. 76 was mostly created by Bethesda Softworks online games studio in Texas, and they continue to manage it after release. Blades was also made by another studio (in Montreal, IIRC) that focuses solely on mobile games.

There has been nothing firm to suggest that BGS will deviate from their single player RPG roots with Starfield or VI. In fact,they constantly reiterate that point.

/rant.
Home is behind, the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade
All shall fade, all shall fade

Sakiri
Overlord
Zodiac:
Sweden

The Bannered Mare

Post by Sakiri » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Todd said in an interview that theyre looking at alternative revenue streams or some shit. That usually means more microtransaction bullshit, which imo has no place in a TES game.

That said, I fuckin did it again. Restarted again, before my level 50 goal. At 46.

Kynlära is going to be a necromage vampire assassin. Melee focus. Maybe a little thievery or pickpocket. I've never done a vampire and I've certainly never done a lot of pickpocketing. Never been too good at it and I hate save scumming. Just need to remember to not pickpocket gold, and to remember to get a damn barenziah stone mod.
My craptastic YouTube channel

And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn