The Bannered Mare

Sakiri
Overlord
Zodiac:
Sweden

The Bannered Mare

Post by Sakiri » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:39 am

No, them looking for new revenue streams is a hint towards TES 6.

I'm afraid it's going to suck and be full of microtransactions for stupid shit and pay to win.
My craptastic YouTube channel

And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Kane » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:11 pm

That could be very possible, Sere. I could easily see a scenario where Uriel V returns, chucks out the Mede Dynasty, and smashes the Dominion with his dragon/Akaviri army.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Kane » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Saki, I keep seeing people say stuff like that and can't help but think that it's wrong. The only thing remotely similar to that pay-to-win crap other developers pull is the Creation Club. But the CC is only cosmetic junk or short quests - nothing remotely pay-to-win related.

People like to point at 76 or Blades and shout "SEE! I told you so!", but those games weren't made by BGS. 76 was mostly created by Bethesda Softworks online games studio in Texas, and they continue to manage it after release. Blades was also made by another studio (in Montreal, IIRC) that focuses solely on mobile games.

There has been nothing firm to suggest that BGS will deviate from their single player RPG roots with Starfield or VI. In fact,they constantly reiterate that point.

/rant.

Sakiri
Overlord
Zodiac:
Sweden

The Bannered Mare

Post by Sakiri » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Todd said in an interview that theyre looking at alternative revenue streams or some shit. That usually means more microtransaction bullshit, which imo has no place in a TES game.

That said, I fuckin did it again. Restarted again, before my level 50 goal. At 46.

Kynlära is going to be a necromage vampire assassin. Melee focus. Maybe a little thievery or pickpocket. I've never done a vampire and I've certainly never done a lot of pickpocketing. Never been too good at it and I hate save scumming. Just need to remember to not pickpocket gold, and to remember to get a damn barenziah stone mod.
My craptastic YouTube channel

And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

The Bannered Mare

Post by Brambleberry » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:10 am

Just had one of "those" experiences. Finished taking out the initial 2 cultists in Ivarstead and started walking toward Klimmek who apparently was having a mug of ale in the middle of the bridge that heads back toward the Forge when up, up, up he goes floating in the sky and over the town until he's over the road and about at the steps to the Inn. Down he falls and . . . dead; FAILED his quest. Had to load the save I made clear back up on the top of High Hrothgar. You can bet I saved as soon as I got back down and before heading into the village.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Kane » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:10 am

That, uh, is a new one to me.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Serethil » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:16 pm

I usually make sure I talk to Klimmek before the cultists arrive. Had him die too many times because he won't stay out of their line of fire, and he seems pretty squishy. Had guards get him with arrows some too....
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

When the Dark comes rising, six shall turn it back,
Three from the Circle, three from the track;
Wood, bronze, iron; water, fire, stone:
Five will return, and one go on alone.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

The Bannered Mare

Post by Aireal » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:52 pm

:rofl: ... damn....save and save often!! .....and then delete most of them once you are done for the day! The 360 drove me nutty keeping enough saves, but not tooo many!

I had old Klimmey jump off the bridge once... gotta love drunk Nords! ( I think he actually fell through it.. but I say jumped)
Life is about the Journey, not the destination
Aireal's Table of Contents

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Kane » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Got around to updating mods for the new runtime. Nice to be back in Tamriel.

I think I might work on Fallout 4 next, and have two characters running concurrently.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

The Bannered Mare

Post by Brambleberry » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:46 pm

Dhark is running the parallel universe phenomenon. Goes from crossbow to gun without skipping a :heart: beat.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

The Bannered Mare

Post by Brambleberry » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Dhark encountered his first (and mine) Luster Dragon from Diverse Dragons today. Even though it attacked I held off on killing it because it was so beautiful. Only after I'd absorbed the soul did I bonk myself in the forehead for not taking screenshots. :facepalm: Next time I'll be ready! If you've never seen one it's almost worth purposefully spawning.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Serethil » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:16 pm

I've never used it so never seen one, hope you get a screenshot the next time!
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

The Bannered Mare

Post by Aireal » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:46 pm

I haven't seen one yet... looking forward to it now!
Life is about the Journey, not the destination
Aireal's Table of Contents

Volstag
Lord
Zodiac:
United States of America

The Bannered Mare

Post by Volstag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:26 am

Brambleberry wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:10 am
Just had one of "those" experiences. Finished taking out the initial 2 cultists in Ivarstead and started walking toward Klimmek who apparently was having a mug of ale in the middle of the bridge that heads back toward the Forge when up, up, up he goes floating in the sky and over the town until he's over the road and about at the steps to the Inn. Down he falls and . . . dead; FAILED his quest. Had to load the save I made clear back up on the top of High Hrothgar. You can bet I saved as soon as I got back down and before heading into the village.
Naw, things like that don't happen in Skyrim! :whistle:
Flying Mammoth small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

The Bannered Mare

Post by glargg » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:34 am

Volstag wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:26 am
Naw, things like that don't happen in Skyrim! :whistle:
Nokandu sees the flying mammoth, and blames it on the Nordish mead. Not that Nokandu drinks, mind you, but this one suspects that the mammoths do.
Levitation. Passwall. Dispel. Recall. Slowfalling. Feather. Bound Armor.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

The Bannered Mare

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:07 am

LOL

I've seen Klimmek standing IN the river having his mead! Luckily, standing on the bridge got me close enough to make the conversations and get the quest! :lol:

Edited because I shouldn't reply while overtired! :oops:
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

The Bannered Mare

Post by Brambleberry » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 pm

As a relic hunter has decided it's time to get serious about acquisitions. He stepped out of Solitude and has been entering every cave, grotto or ruin he comes across in search of relics. OMG there's a lot of places. He ends up going into maybe one or 2 places and then trucks back to the museum to offload "stuff" as well as ingredients, ores and all the museum related things like relics, fossils, etc. His travel speed across the landscape is in truth at a snail's pace now, but it sure has been going into places that I haven't been into in years or have never been into yet! :D
He finished the Excavation of Windcaller Pass and decided it was time to really start looking for some of the unheard of relics. He blames Auyren for leaving his research notes just lying around in the library for him to peruse! :P

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Serethil » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:27 pm

I love LotD. It makes the rest of the game so much more fun....

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

The Bannered Mare

Post by Kane » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm

I've been mixing in some magic to shake up my playstyle, and it's been fun thus far. No sneaking. Heavy armor, crossbow, sword or axe, conjuration, and destruction.

Just wish the summons weren't so squishy. My Flame Atronach never lasts in a fight.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

The Bannered Mare

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Those darn things always are! I tried a spellsword in SSE once, with specialty in summoning...he didn't last.
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."