The Wayshrine: ESO ramblings, musings & pleas for help

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 pm

Well, have fun with necros. I never play them, never have, never going to. Ick. It was all I could do to stand having Serana around once to get through the Dawnguard quest line. After that time i just disabled her except for when she had to be there for parts like talking to whatshisname and her mother, and the end battle.
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

When the Dark comes rising, six shall turn it back,
Three from the Circle, three from the track;
Wood, bronze, iron; water, fire, stone:
Five will return, and one go on alone.

ghastley
Knight
United States of America

Post by ghastley » Wed May 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Good point about necromancers, and the extra slot. That might make me take another character through the low levels, although it won't be a necro yet. I want to do all the Summerset content before I catch up to Elsweyr, and the Jewel Crafting has a built-in time factor with the research.

I'm currently at CP730, (and I know Acadian is past the CP1000 mark), so a new character has a lot of CP available, which really does help. I now keep a few sets of "beginner" equipment in a storage chest for them, for both stamina and magicka, and so I haven't had a new character for some time. They also have a ton of Monster shoulders to use once they get to L50, even if they have to chase the helms themselves. I don't think we could do L50 in a day, as some claim, but it would be much quicker than the first time.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

I thought about it.. and maybe Saiya? She will have the right Thief / Assassin / Necro ..Baran will run through Elswyer first so, I'll already know a little bit about what's going on.. or alot, cause Saiya is going to go all the way through the TG at least first maybe a good portion into the DB..

Not the biggest fan, but it's a possible, probably next year after the next DLC comes out... :?
Life is about the Journey, not the destination
Aireal's Table of Contents

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

Post by glargg » Thu May 16, 2019 3:45 am

Serethil wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 pm
Well, have fun with necros. I never play them, never have, never going to. Ick.
Yeah, I think we've had this conversation before. I understand your position.

For a long while, I never could manage to play Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood, even though it's one of the better-written quest lines in that game. What changed it for me was a character, "Etta," who presented herself to me as a broken soul, caught up in piracy and murder, and who needed a story in order to find redemption. One can do evil without being evil.

For me, it's about getting into and playing a character. My "Doctor Payne" character is a nasty cold-blooded assassin. I don't like him as a person. But I see potential for him as a Lawless character. In the old D&D scale, he's "Chaotic Evil." That kind of character is a challenge to play, but can be the subject of an interesting story. But, in truth, that alignment is very close to being the "standard" for Elder Scrolls games, where morally gray (or darker) choices are thrown on us often.

The entire premise of ESO is necromancy on a grand scale. Necromancy (stolen harvested souls) powers our weapons and provides us with the means to resurrect ourselves and our allies. Your character is effectively "undead," since you have been killed and your soul stolen.

And Mannimarco is one of the most important characters in the whole Elder Scrolls series; he ultimately becomes a "god."
Yeah. Buy a goddam book. It's a bookstore, ain't it? Don't just go peeking at them! Buy one! I'm Bugak gro-Bol, and I say you better buy a goddam book. And right away, dammit!

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Yep, I know all that. I personally ignore all that because I could never play a necromancer, and the only thing I think about the king of worms is that I need to remove his godhead. Literally.
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Thu May 16, 2019 1:05 pm

:rofl: <snicker> and I went the wrong way...

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Thu May 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Yeah, I don't do TG or DB either. I'm simply not interested in role playing something personally repugnant to me. That's where I draw the line.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pm

:D umm not what I meant... godhead, cut off... I went the wrong way...

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm

Oh. That sailed right past! I'm going to blame it on allergies and my head being stupidly clogged....!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Thu May 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Icky stuff Sis!! I still can not hear out of my right ear, from my sinuses being swollen... and they aren't anymore. Feel's like I have water in my ear only I don't, I used "swimmers ear" to make sure I didn't.. and nope still can't hear! I guess I am going to have to go an see the doctor about it.

I'm falling apart... :rofl:

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Thu May 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Aren't we all? Heh.....

Lapuaboy
Lord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Post by Lapuaboy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:27 pm

I don't have a problem playing a Necro and love PvP...but I don't like the DB and TG stuff. I have to deal with pukes stealing from me IRL and going down that road (even in a game) hits too close to home.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Thu May 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Lapuaboy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:27 pm
I don't have a problem playing a Necro and love PvP...but I don't like the DB and TG stuff. I have to deal with pukes stealing from me IRL and going down that road (even in a game) hits too close to home.
Understandable!

I had always hoped that one of the modders ( can't remember her name ) would finish the mod she started that gave 'good' choices to the TG, now stealing was still the thing and graft, money laundering etc.. but everything that wasn't really TG was made into a choice.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Sun May 19, 2019 5:38 am

<sigh> so while looking to see which of my characters could possibly do a WB at under 20.. I took a look at Zirien.. and I kept thinking he looked nothing like in Char gen... well wrong, he does , but like a cousin that has the same features!
I know I'm seriously fussy.. but that darn shelf of a chin in game is driving me batty.. and in Char gen you can't see it!

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Sun May 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Eh, that's closer than mine ever look!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Sun May 19, 2019 1:40 pm

I was going to use one of my tokens to 'fix' his face.. err mainly that chin, the problem is if I can't see the problem, I can't fix it and have no idea IF I am getting it fixed if I can't see it. And not being able to go back and forth, their is no way of knowing if I got it right except to use he token.. and find out it wasn't fixed. Circular!

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Sun May 19, 2019 4:13 pm

If it's not something really awful (which causes me to delete and redo), I just know I won't be looking at it all the time, and let it go.

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

Post by glargg » Sun May 19, 2019 4:27 pm

I guess there are certain things that we just have to live with, like awkward unnatural movement, metal armor that actually flexes (!) when your character moves, weird door-opening animations, the inability to lie down or sit on the ground, and hair that does a vanishing act when you put on a helmet. Many things in Bethesda/Zenimax games haven't improved since Morrowind. :D
Yeah. Buy a goddam book. It's a bookstore, ain't it? Don't just go peeking at them! Buy one! I'm Bugak gro-Bol, and I say you better buy a goddam book. And right away, dammit!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Sun May 19, 2019 4:28 pm

<sigh> I might have to.. and whelp I can always just use the token to 'look' at him the way I mean him to be.. and fix that in my mind as the way he is supposed to look..or just go play Skyrim for a while! Wren and Inigo need some time out!

Very true Glargg...very very true!

Edit: of course that is why most of my characters in Skyrim don't wear plate metal armor and never wear helmets! but yeah, I get the point.
Last edited by Aireal on Sun May 19, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghastley
Knight
United States of America

Post by ghastley » Mon May 20, 2019 6:10 pm

glargg wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:27 pm
I guess there are certain things that we just have to live with, like awkward unnatural movement, metal armor that actually flexes (!) when your character moves, weird door-opening animations, the inability to lie down or sit on the ground, and hair that does a vanishing act when you put on a helmet. Many things in Bethesda/Zenimax games haven't improved since Morrowind. :D
There are animations for sitting/lying that can invoked through the chat window. /SIT, /SIT2 ... /SIT6 and /SLEEP /SLEEP2. See here