Post by Aireal » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 am

glargg wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:20 pm
Lapuaboy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:13 pm
And we can all get along together :D
That's the best part of all! :fist_bump:
yes, it is!

A thought on myself... I like being a "supporting character".. I always looked at the MQ in Oblivion that way.. that Martin was "The Savior" and my character nothing but a friend that did things he could not, because no one can be in two places at once.

In a group I can be a supporting character.. Solo, I AM the main character.. which is ok on my RP characters.
Life is about the Journey, not the destination
Aireal's Table of Contents

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

The Wayshrine: ESO ramblings, musings & pleas for help

Post by glargg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:33 am

Lolly Gaggin worked with one other player last night, to kill the Wamasu boss at one of the Summerset geysers. That was quite an extended battle. He has like 2 million health. :)
Today is the last day before Tomorrow happens. Procrastinators take note.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Yeah that one is really hard, Don't think I have even tried solo! The hermit crab dudes yeah, I've done some of them solo.. some not!

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

Post by glargg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:31 am

Yeah, the Wamasu guy is hard.

I joined in a fight with the Wispmother geyser boss last night, and she was nowhere near as hard. Of course, there were three of us, and one was a mage. Lolly was mostly tanking.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 pm

I didn't really play much yesterday, just did some upkeep and writs... today, I have some things to catch up on.. I hate leaving my characters In the middle of a quest, cause I forget where they are.

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

Post by glargg » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:36 am

My Sorcerer, Karawaea, on the NA server, hit 50+ last night. So now I have "Champions" on both servers.

On the EU, I have two characters in champion-land, and they're at just under 300. Obviously, I play on the EU more. :)

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

Post by glargg » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:42 am

It's almost surprising how fast the early CP accumulates. Karawaea is now at 32 CP after only a few hours of delve-diving.

I'm not seeing much of a fall-off in fighting strength with this character, as I had with my earlier champions. But then again, she has pretty good quality gear, since her crafting has kept up with her leveling.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Only one I have experience of is Sha, and man - she went from being able to kill a troll in short order to not being able to kill one at all. No, she didn't die, and neither did the bear, but then, nor did the troll! Spent 5 minutes trying, getting nowhere.... and that was WITH at level gear! I think that was at about CP 40, not positive now. Of course, she's set up as a tank (which I really need to fix now - but back on the other satellite, she had ZERO survivability in either stam or mag....)
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

When the Dark comes rising, six shall turn it back,
Three from the Circle, three from the track;
Wood, bronze, iron; water, fire, stone:
Five will return, and one go on alone.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 pm

So, one of my second account Khajiiti insisted he needed to fish. He wanted to wear the Fisherfolk costume, and get Master Angler. I'm like.... ugh. I don't want to fish in this game....

However. I started him out doing Vvardenfell, just to see what it would be like. It wasn't great fun, but not as bad as fishing in WoW and RIFT after all. So I sent him all the bait stored on my main account, and bought him a bunch of Artaeum Fish Bowls (since he fished for several days in Artaeum and never got the recipe). I started sometime in late August I think, and just finished the last fish in Cyrodiil this afternoon.

Then I went and bought the boat and left it in Strident Springs. After that I looked at Moon Sugar Meadow again and damn, it's just perfect for the boat.... but I wasn't going to buy it even though I wanted it all along, because it's 6400 crowns instead of gold. So now I'm just thinking. *sigh*

PS: I used the 7 day Yolnakhriin campaign, was there parts of three days and saw a grand total of two other characters, both of them also EP. The hardest fishing spots to get to are the ocean ones which are to hellangone south from the EP home area. There was only one pop bar on each faction the whole time I was fishing there. And yes, that account has the Adventurer pack as I wanted Khajiiti everywhere!
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:09 am

I don't mind the fishing.. and try to participate in the Guilds Sunday Fish Fest, which is as much chatting as fishing. Good thing is that I generally get one or two 'rare' fish... and even with my crappy internet, that is something I could do.

OH.. had my healer stationed at one of the dragon spawns... got a ticket and some things. Pretty much just spammed a healing spells and cast at least two 'spears of light' at the dragon.. ended up having to do two actually, the 1st was over waaaaay to quick, I didn't even get close.

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

Post by glargg » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:05 am

Serethil wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:58 pm
Only one I have experience of is Sha, and man - she went from being able to kill a troll in short order to not being able to kill one at all. No, she didn't die, and neither did the bear, but then, nor did the troll! Spent 5 minutes trying, getting nowhere.... and that was WITH at level gear! I think that was at about CP 40, not positive now. Of course, she's set up as a tank (which I really need to fix now - but back on the other satellite, she had ZERO survivability in either stam or mag....)
Yeah, my light-armor Warden Lynnaera, who was my first character to hit Champion, had a serious drop-off in power, and didn't start being really very playable again until I hit maybe 120 CP. In fact, I stopped playing her for a while, and got her over the "slump" by getting CP with Lolly Gaggin (a heavy-armor Templar), who had a bit easier of a transition,

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Best thing to do with the dragons is camp one of the spots they spawn. They go down WAY too fast to get to the next one.... And y'know, that armor set is seriously fugly, I'm not sure I'll ever use it.... The imp dragon and the treasure pile are okay though.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:37 pm

That's what I have done.. on both servers, funny enough, both characters are Templars.. though the NA server is healer with some DPS and the EU is DPS with a bit of healing.

And I would sit on them and get more than just the tickets, but for some reason or the other my keybinds are whacked... I managed to change some of them.. but not all, I've also went back to 'default' several times.

Started up Skyrim and Oblivion and The Witcher and the controller is fine in all of those...keybinds where they are supposed to be.

I went to DA;0, DA2 and NWK and the keyboard bindings are fine there, but also messed up in ESO.

ATM, I'll just gather my tickets and rewards daily, try and find a fix.. which while important, isn't gonna change the fact that my internet is slow enough I can't really play much anyway!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Whelp, I got my controller/ keyboard bindings fixed.. I guess the ESO update needed the Mirco-soft update.. or something, cause that's all I did... that worked.

Funny thing, Had to wait in the NA server to do my daily dragon, not enough people.. then some dip-shit attacked, their was only 3 of us there! The other person waiting was CP 810, but after the fight started I realized that character was a healer! So I swapped bar's with Syllena and did my best on her at DPS.. Thankfully more people actually showed up! Most of the people that showed up stayed between me and the other original person.. I had switched back to heal and between the two of us we kept our little group healthy!

Oth original person that attacked? OMG...LMAO! died soooo many times it was hilariously funny.. he/she could have come to our side of the dragon and been somewhat protected. We also had at least one DK tank.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:13 pm

OK, very weird thing.. if I play Skyrim then go to ESO my key bindings are messed up, I have to turn off the PC then reboot and it's fine.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Odd. Mine don't do that - but then I don't use a controller.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:13 pm

It could be the controller, but the keyboard bindings are messed up also.. 1, 2, 3 are find 4 & 5 are messed up.. same as the controller.
Last edited by Aireal on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Did you say you'd upgraded drivers?

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Post by Aireal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:07 am

Yeah, then reverted back... no change. so updated drivers again, then did the micro-soft update... after it rebooted everything was fine. When I started up and played Skyrim for a while, then switched to ESO, had the exact same problem, restarted PC and fixed.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Post by Serethil » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 am

Ugh. That's - got to be something with MS and your controller. I'm not at all sure how you can fix it.

Go to the controller brand forum? See if there's anything similar happening? Google search with REALLY specific keywords - like controller brand and model, plus "key bindings change from one game to another fixed by rebooting machine"....

Just grasping at straws here....