Random Fallout Things

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Ah, that stinks Brammy - the Synth waves are a hoot in that one.

I had to take a break from playing meself. I went all the way through Corvega and back to Tenpines only to have my game crash in workshop mode. Last save was just after I went in Corvega. :facepalm:
:pumpkin:

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:45 pm

Yep, getting back into complete step 1.1 SAVE, 1.2 SAVE, 1.3 SAVE ad nauseum. Just blew up the institute, hooboy that was fun cuz I managed to time it for nighttime fireworks. :D

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:57 am

Kane wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:37 pm
Andra Hawksdaughter wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:18 pm
Woody's is great, and I'm happily using it a lot! The only place it doesn't 'fit' for is SH, because I don't want to totally scrap the whole place like some do! :shock: I've already shut my game down until later, gotta get some zzzz's, but I'll drag out a couple screenies later.

Kane, that bug has never happened to me with a regular vanilla settlement, much less Sanctuary! Drove me crazy all dang night!

Oh, on another note, I got the 'perfectly preserved pie'!! (I think that's what it's called) Didn't expect it, just automatically tried the stupid machine and got it on the first try! Wow, never had that before!
Better play the lotto! I think the pie is a 1% chance. :shock:
Wow, should we start a club? :lmao: Kane, while you're nearby, stop at the back patio of the Super Duper Mart, that's where I got the pie, lol.

Bram, I'm so sorry that your fun was squelched! That stinks way worse than my bug. :14: Is there any way to kickstart it again?
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:32 am

Nah, I just advanced the quest. I really wanted to get to blowing up the Institute which Dhark did earlier today. He's asleep and dreaming of Skyrim at the moment. Just finished one of the phases of Windcaller Pass excavation and is wiling away the hours until it's time to go back and continue. His wiling took him to Fort Dawnguard, not to truly start the quest although that is inevitable, but so he could go steal a Jade Dragon. :evil_grin:

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 am

Darn it, not good. You're better accepting of it than me, I'd have been searching for the answer so I could play it out! I'm a little OCD that way. :oops:

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:08 pm

I probably would have advanced it, too. The only place I advise against that, though, is the Emogene Takes A Lover quest. That quest is like the Blood On the Ice of Fallout 4. I got hit with it, and consoling just made it worse, and completely trashed the final Cabot quest. If you plan on doing that quest, make sure to download the mod that fixes it.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:10 pm

Hmmm I've never had trouble with any of the Cabot quests. Must be one ol' murphy forgot to muck up in my game play. :P

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:10 pm

It's fortunate! I've had it happen about three times.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 am

I had that bug the very first time I played. Emogene wasn't in the room at the amphitheater. Someone told me to go back to a save before starting Cabot's stuff at all, and when I got to it again, it all worked. Haven't had it again, guess I got lucky!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:31 am

Reloading a save usually does fix it. The problem I tend to run into is that often times on Survival, it might have been a while since I saved last.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Survival Mode (no mods):

Step 1: FIND EVERY FREAKIN' BED
Step 2: FIND EVERY Anitbiotic
Step 3: Get to know EVERY Doc

Starting to help someone, sleep.
Complete an important step that must be done before the next, sleep.
Sleep, just because. One can never get enough saves for then the gremlins hit.
SLEEP

Thank goodness for Survival Options mod that takes that bull away!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Survival Options is always active for me, I just try not to abuse the save hotkeys. I prefer to save with a smoke, or sleep. The only auto-save I have turned on is at level up.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:41 pm

My philosophy is that save game mechanics have NOTHING to do with in game survival and that was a piss poor and don't excuse me for saying so LAZY way of implementing a hardship on the player. Especially when they know how awfully buggy/glitchy their games are and ctds happen without warning or error message. Just having a sleep mechanism and skill degradation would have been more than realistic survival imo.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:47 am

Just woke up a little while ago, (though 'woke up' might not be quite right, body is moving but...) and here's hoping I don't sabotage my own game again. Last night went like this:

Had minor issues with a couple of mods, one I've had a long time, one fairly new. Couldn't/can't dismiss Dogmeat where I want him to go. AFT allows to set his 'home' but it would only allow original Red Rocket. Trying to choose a settlement or use 'current' settlement kept sending him to Kingsport. Uhhh, I don't even have Kingsport! Also, I highly suspect that the recipes in my CHEF mod are conflicting with recipes from Commonwealth Chickens and Rabbits. Did a bit (at least an hour) of research, found no answer, posted on both mod pages with queries.

Played some more, getting extremely annoyed at Dogmeat opening every damn door and getting in my way. quit game, updated LOOT, went back into game, same issues. Manually adjusted load order for AFT, no help.

Tired brain decided to verify files via Steam. Stupid decision, and again, I'll use being tired and somewhat OCD about issues. FORGOT that if I verified...you got it, Steam updated my game. :wall:

Swore a lot. Dug into my files to find the info on rolling game back, that took a while as I hadn't had to do it in ages, but finally got things back (to October '18) the way I needed them. (All because Looks Menu has been borked since right after mentioned date.

Loaded game, to find it stuttering and jerking big time. Argh!! Again, forgot when you verify files, all the hundreds of ITMs Beth left in the DLCs have to be cleaned.

Opened, or tried to open, FO4Edit. As is normal, it would not open because it gets fatal error after verifying, not sure why, it's just the way it is. Went to Silverlock's archive and found the version I needed, fumbled around for a while but finally got it in the right place and working. Cleaned all the DLCs. (at least that went well and quickly!)

Loaded the game with a tired hurrah when it was back to the point before I stupidly started messing with it.

:wall: :oops:

Guess I'll wait for replies from mod authors, and just deal with the minor issues if they can't help.

Sometimes I need saving from myself! :shock:

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:51 am

Oy! That made me tired. Hope it works now and the mod authors can get you some answers.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 am

Thanks Bram! Luckily, Dheuster (AFT) replied while I was asleep, with some possibilities, one of those being to update. Apparently I missed the latest one somehow. That did work, though as I am currently getting my butt kicked in Cambridge, I haven't tested physically in game yet, but one of the options in AFT, if you're not familiar with it, is info scanning on any companion. It confirmed the problem before and then confirmed it fixed after I just installed the update. :D Here's part of what Dheuster said that pertained:

"I think it can also happen on a new game when you have all the DLC installed and you have particularly fast hardware. All the DLC try to register their new settlements at the same time and sometimes multi-threading issues cause timing problems and bad indexing ensues. For stability, it is best to enable the DLC one at a time (and start save between enables) to avoid issues."

That was why, since this is a new game, but the update was the champ.
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 am

Kind of amazing that hardware has outpaced a game that really isn't that old already.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:39 am

I feel like we've talked about LooksMenu before, but I'm fuzzy on it. What's been wrong with LooksMenu? I've been using it with no issue for a while now.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Kane, it's not saving presets, also losing those already saved if one updates, plus trying custom skin colors are crashing games, as well as crashing when removing clothing to use overlays, like tats and such. Lots of others have posted, that like me, updated theirs and had problems, and promptly rolled back. There hasn't been a peep from expired, the mod author, since last year, though you can look him up and see when he's been online at Nexus. Too strange, and I have to wonder if he just has given it up.
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Andra, this may be unrelated, but have you updated papyrus util scripts? I know that got updated and without it FISS wouldn't save presets for other mods. I often forget to check Papyrus because it's not a true mod per se.