Random Fallout Things

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:16 pm

What hoops? I go to CC get kill whatever quest whether I've started MM or not. Go kill whatever (ghouls, bandits, pooper mutants) and then voila! I can now use the workshop. Are you thinking of the place up the road near the Forged fools?

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Almost every time I've ever gone to County Crossing, the settlers don't ask for help and I can't start a conversation with them. They just give me the generic NPC responses and I have to wait until I get sent there by the Minutemen.
:tree:

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:01 pm

Hmmm I wonder if that's a mod interference or simply a "you already have this kind of quest so you can't have another nyah" bs that happens in TES as well. I know there are a few things that won't happen if you've done certain quests in an order that precludes later ones. Prime example is rescuing Nick prior to going to the memory den. If you do you don't get to do The Memory Den quest.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Kane wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:14 pm
I was thinking of setting up County Crossing for Adelia since it is so close to the RR HQ, but I forgot about the hoops involved in getting it.

*back to the drawing board*
It's usually a random chance as to what you have to do to get it Kane, I just got unlucky this time. :?
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:12 pm

Andra Hawksdaughter wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 pm
Kane wrote:
I was thinking of setting up County Crossing for Adelia since it is so close to the RR HQ, but I forgot about the hoops involved in getting it.

It's usually a random chance as to what you have to do to get it Kane, I just got unlucky this time. :?
I swear I get unlucky almost every time. The only time I can ever get it, is if I get sent there organically by Preston or the Minutemen Radio.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Kane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:12 pm
Andra Hawksdaughter wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 pm
Kane wrote:

I swear I get unlucky almost every time. The only time I can ever get it, is if I get sent there organically by Preston or the Minutemen Radio.
Very weird Kane, you shouldn't have that hard a time getting that. :?

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 am

Had a first this evening. Dhark was on his way to Natick for the RR dead drop and decided he'd just check out Fort Hagen and the Red Rocket station there when who comes walking down the street going south in her gray sequinned dress, but Skinny Malone's former gf Darla. She wouldn't actually talk with dialogue options, but commented about what a poc Skinny turned out to be (paraphrased). In all these years I've never ever seen her after I've talked her into dumping Skinny and heading home. :fallout:

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Natick, holy moley. That's the furthest out that I have heard of a dead drop being.

I wonder if she lives in Fiddlers Green. :7:

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Gad, Fiddler's Green! What a horrible place to live, lol! Terrible neighbors!

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:40 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if her parents were ghouls to be honest. *snicker*

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:48 pm

LOL Bram!

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 am

Whoa, had a weird thing happen. Noticed I had a couple of new settlers at County Crossing, one of which I had sent there myself. (because I forgot to turn a beacon off and had to 'distribute' a few settlers :9: ) Just when Brae got there, one of those 'Synth accusation' things started, with the settler I had sent, already outfitted and everything, just needed to be assigned. Anyway, got that straightened out, they left her alone, and Brae went to go play with his hammer and nails a bit. It was getting dark, time to quit, so he and RJ headed for the campfire to have a couple of beers. He went up onto the shack porch to grab said beers, and guess who he finds dead as can be? None other than the settler accused of being a synth!! :x There's a murderer amongst the group!! Bastard...she was NOT a synth. Never had this happen before. There's only 11 people there now. Wish you could have an execution without making the others hostile!

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:44 am

If you know who the accuser is I would say it's perma pillory time with it setup so they're always standing in the water. :evil_grin:

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:10 pm

LOL, yes, I know who it is...the only one left wearing Rebel gear that's still living! Funny, I just got the pillory and stocks triggered from one of the magazines. At least, I think that's where they came from in my menu! :6:

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Wastelander Workshop I believe, but it's been a long time since I checked.

P.S. I've never tried this, but I wonder what would happen if you put them all in a fight arena and let loose a deathclaw. Could you "innocently" depopulate a settlement? Would it be permanent if you didn't put a beacon up afterward? Hmmmm some Vault-Tec testing is in order!
Last edited by Brambleberry on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Let me know how that goes. In the meantime, I have the beacon off at County Crossing, as I have some time to figure out what I want to do, if anything. That is still so bizarre to me!

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Teridactyl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:11 am

Andra, Is it possible your murderer is a synth? I understand that they can randomly infiltrate your settlements and wreak havoc on stuff (prior to blowing up the Institute, of course), including kill off some human settlers. I never saw that kind of activity in my first play-through, but I saw some videos of it on YouTube. Problem is you won't know until you kill them (unless you have a cheat for it that tells you).
Entropy -- it's not what it used to be.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Teridactyl wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:11 am
Andra, Is it possible your murderer is a synth? I understand that they can randomly infiltrate your settlements and wreak havoc on stuff (prior to blowing up the Institute, of course), including kill off some human settlers. I never saw that kind of activity in my first play-through, but I saw some videos of it on YouTube. Problem is you won't know until you kill them (unless you have a cheat for it that tells you).
I'm kinda leaning that he probably is, but I need to figure out how to off him without the rest of the settlers going bonkers! :D

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Haven't tested it yet, but I'd definitely give the ol' 1v1 with a Deathclaw a try. ;)

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Teridactyl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:29 pm

If it's really a synth, I don't think they will because I don't think it counts as a murder. But you could dismiss him off somewhere, follow him when he leaves, then off him when you're out of range. :D
Last edited by Teridactyl on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Entropy -- it's not what it used to be.