Random Fallout Things

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:40 am

I've never had a bug with Start Me Up. The only thing it does is make for some awkward dialogue when you get to the Institute.
:tree:

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Well that's something I've never experienced. Never had a settler kidnapped from Sanctuary. The respawn on mobs is awful quick in some areas to my mind. One would think that at least an in-game 12-15 days would be more appropriate than the seemingly overnight add water and poof! there they are the next morning.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Not by chance using We Are the Minutemen, are you Kes? It's practically essential to making Preston and the MM quests more tolerable. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6443

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Teridactyl » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:00 pm

I love the We Are Minutemen mod. That, along with Militarized Minutemen, which gives them a very professional, uniform look, really make them feel like a growing, formidable faction that gets better as you progress. The first time someone addressed me as “General” out in the field, I got all... :america: .
Entropy -- it's not what it used to be.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:49 am

Kane, no, not using any MM mods. Do you or Teri know if it can be installed mid-game? This is driving me nuts!! Every time I go to Sanc, one of the settlers corners Brae, 'You've got to help me, they've kidnapped my friend!' OR, Preston says go talk to the settlers (insert settlement name) and it's the freaking feral ghouls. Again. at the Super Duper Mart, College Square, or National Guard. The kidnappings are usually at Medford Hospital, the Fed Rationing Center, or the BADFL. Jeezus!!! Brae has to sneak into Sanc to avoid Preston, but the settlers still get him. :evil:

Edit: nevermind, the mod author stated it could be installed anytime. Doing it now!
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:56 am

You'll love it! Really makes the MM feel like an actual faction!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:12 pm

Decided to make Starlight home base for Jerry. I don't build at Starlight often, so the open space ought to be nice. So far, he's built a cozy house for himself with a combination of Willy's stuff vanilla walls. It has a rooftop porch that he made into his greenhouse. Quite happy with how everything is turning out.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:34 am

That sounds good Kane. :1: So far, this play-through, Brae has not even entered Starlight, with no plans to go there, but I never say never. I like Starlight, but always feel it needs walls, and I'm tired of building them this game, only a few of my settlements have them now. County Crossing, Oberland Station, and Jamaica Plain.
Edit: oops, and Warwick.

If you don't know about these already, you might look at this for Starlight, Starlight Drive in Window Shutters

(for Red Rocket there's this one, with options: Red Rocket Window Shutters and Custom Doors It has different files for the options.
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:51 am

Not that this is a new thought, but dammit, Beth has so many little things to answer for in FO4 that are more important. But, that said, how come so many houses have NO bathrooms?!! And yesterday (last night) I rescued that idiot Rex from Trinity Towers, and in the process, discovered Ann Hargraves at WRVR, recruited her, (didn't know I could, now have 6 tier 4 vendors!) and then started wondering again. Where the hell did these people live and sleep? I guess on the floor of the radio station, because there sure weren't any beds/mattresses around. And this woman made it to Sanctuary with no weapon, wearing only a dress!! How does that truly happen in the wasteland??? So many stupid little things that make zero sense...

But 'dat bathroom thing...*shaking my head*

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 pm

I always wondered who boarded up all the houses. I get boarding up some windows and stuff if you are going to squat in a house, but there are so many that are completely sealed off. :lol:

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Kane wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 pm
I always wondered who boarded up all the houses. I get boarding up some windows and stuff if you are going to squat in a house, but there are so many that are completely sealed off. :lol:
Yes, that too! Totally senseless. Another thing, those nasty brahmin bodies the bloodbugs suck on? WHY do you get anything from them? NO way do I touch that...ugh, so gross. Yeah, let's just take that meat buddy, should taste great, yeah?
:shock: :17:

Edit: though Rafferty might not mind feeding some of 'dat to Marcy Long. heh heh He's kind of a shit sometimes...
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, I have been known to take that particular Brahmin meat. Gotta have food to cook up on survival mode, and a Ribeye sounds much better than a can of Cram. :P

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:39 pm

The boarded house thing is due to, ahem, console memory. Too many open houses to explore and FPS would plummet. Bathrooms are sparse, but here and there only now and then (bucket between boards types), this is simple laziness OR Beth wants everyone to believe that people in the commonwealth go outside to do biz with pooper mutants, rad roaches, mongrel dogs and the like running around. And may I say if there weren't leaves everywhere . . . then final part of the biz would require a dunk in radioactive wahtah!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Oh, I know why they did it, but I think they could have tried harder to conserve memory. Have the houses opened, but be picked clean of every resource to show how much scavenging is done to survive. Or have more houses collapsed due to the bomb and/or 210 years of disuse.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:35 pm

Uck! Kane, that stuff is probably green, LOL

I get you Bram, but also feel like they could have done something better.

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Teridactyl » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:37 pm

I think someone could make a killing in caps if they scavenged salvageable house parts and started a construction company to patch some of the better houses. Some of those New England houses aren't in terrible shape...scrap the roof and floor from one and combine it with another. Hey, it's better than a shack that's about as sturdy and air-tight as a deck of cahds!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:48 pm

It seems like Vortex didn't install one of my mods correctly. If you use the R91 Assault Rifle, be sure to install it manually. I felt like something was missing from gameplay, and it took me a while to realize I had not seen one in the leveled lists, yet.

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Teridactyl » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:17 am

Kane, your otter avatar is just too cute. I. MUST. SQUISH. IT!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Thanks! I couldn't pass up making it that when I found the pic. Too stinkin' cute!