Random Fallout Things

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:44 pm

All Ye Fallout 4 goers! You know that little alley offshoot you go to when you meet the Courser for the Battle of Bunker Hill? Well I was there today just in passing not even close to doing that quest yet and I noticed a dead ghoul on the steps to a house. Of course I checked and sure enough there was a not so dead ghoul lying on the porch.

What struck me is that I've been in that area a multitude of times and this is the first time I've ever noticed the Abandoned House and the truly tragic story within. Might I add the way the story was presented was particularly well done.

Doing one's best not to spoil it as some may not have found that building yet after all these years. :2:

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Heh, I haven't been in that house in a while, but IIRC it's always a guaranteed spot for a legendary spawn. I remember reading about people who would reload it to farm for a good drop until they got one that they wanted.
:heart:

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:16 pm

Hmm, I know the place, but don't recall getting anything special there. :11:
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:17 am

No Legendary Spawn for me, just a very green glowy test subject. :2:

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Teridactyl » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Yeah, I remember that place, too. Creepy as hell. It's kind of amazing how much horror Fallout 4 implies with these little walk-through stories such as this one if you take the time to really explore the details.

Fens Sewer is another one. I didn't even know that one existed until I read a spoiler online somewhere and then had to go check it out. It's easy to miss (there's a skeleton on top of a manhole cover near Fenway Stadium Diamond City). No spoilers, but it takes place in the sewer and doesn't get any better from there!
Entropy -- it's not what it used to be.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Done the Fens sewers. Totally agree with that and all the other lil shop of horror stories that are NOT comedic. Currently doing a parallel play through on Survival mode with the intention of paying attention to all those little stories rather than skipping through terminals, etc. as one does after the eleventy millionth play through. :fallout:

P.S. *POUNCE* :hug: @Teri
Last edited by Brambleberry on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:19 pm

Very interesting indeedilydoo! I started my new (soon to be Silver Shroud) character named after the famous fictional detective Ellery Queen. I had him perusing the drug dealer's terminal in Sanctuary. Starting off fresh with this game one wouldn't have prior knowledge and even after playing for hours one might not remember, but there is an entry for one Issacs Cal (not Calvin and Hobbes Cal *wink wink nudge nudge*). However the entry rang a bell right inside my head as soon as I read it. I think all ye FO4 goers would recognize it too. :fallout:

I do enjoy when they've taken the time to tie things together in this manner.
Last edited by Brambleberry on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Huh. Don't recall an entry for a Cal on that terminal.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 pm

You're right I read the wrong entry or misremembered. It's Isaacs. :pass_out:
Last edited by Brambleberry on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:26 pm

I forgot how necessary of a mod We Are the Minutemen is - even if you aren't doing a MM playthrough. I neglected to install it for my latest game, because I didn't intend do their story. I completed the First Step just so that I could tell Preston that I wasn't his savior, and move on without them. Three minutes later, I happened to walk past him and he have me a quest for Oberland Station.

:bleep:

I reloaded an earlier save, closed the game, installed W.A.T.M., and tried again. Much better result!

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 pm

8-)

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:12 pm

I just today installed it in Rafferty's game, even though Preston and Co are still in Concord. (Raff is lvl 86, so they been there a long time, lol) The thing is, even without Preston there to give quests, I get some serious runs of "X settlement is under attack. Help Defend X" I get anywhere from 4 to 6 in a row like that and then get a break for a while, then it repeats...sometimes even 2 at the same time! Grrr...
Raff may have to get the gang out of Concord. I don't really want to, it's really not his thing, but then again, neither is the BoS, the RR, OR the Institute! Sheesh...

Edit: I have it in Brae's game, 'cause he's mostly a goody goody. :lmao:
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:01 pm

Survival Mode Challenge: Assault Revere Satellite Array without a ranged weapon.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 pm

Kane wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:01 pm
Survival Mode Challenge: Assault Revere Satellite Array without a ranged weapon.
:shock: :o

Not me Brudda!

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:35 pm

Good luck Kane! If you can take out the Pooper Mutant with the Missile Launcher first I believe you will succeed!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Kane » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:09 am

Wasn't easy, but I managed it with a pistol, automatic rifle, and 4 ranks of sneak. Best bet is to creep into the trailers near the downed dish, and draw them into you. I mined one side of it and forced the muties to come to me. Once most of them were down for the count, I crept up to the top dish were Mr. Missles was, and critted him.

Not fun, but very doable. No ranged skills is proving to be quite the adventure!

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Random Fallout Things

Post by Serethil » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:16 am

Um. Pistol, auto rifle aren't considered ranged?
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

"Matrilineal succession is the only thing that makes sense as far as I'm concerned, since you always know who the mother is, and the father could be anyone."

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:09 am

Not the gun, but the skills. That is Kane doesn't have ranged skills. Weapons maybe, but not skillz. ;)
Last edited by Brambleberry on Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:12 am, edited 13 times in total.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Random Fallout Things

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:05 am

Ah, I see. I thought you didn't have the guns either! Still, without the skills, it would definitely be challenging. Accuracy would be crappy. I love my gun skills. :1: Most of the time, it's rifles outside, and trusty pistol for inside.

I have no desire to play survival mode. Btw, does it let you mod up/improve your weapons?

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Random Fallout Things

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:07 pm

Yes, you can do most everything and more in Survival Mode except you can't save without resting, you can't fast travel, but with Survival Options you can tweak Survival Mode to your liking. Example you can slow down the rate at which you get hungry or fatigued and you can enable fast travel or turn off elements like Thirst, Weight Limit, etc. A very must have mod imo for Beth Survival Mode in Fallout 4.