Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Brambleberry » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Thanks for the info Sere. I followed the instructions from the Vortex vid and it is in a Vortex Folder in my Games folder and NOT in the actual Program files (x86) folder. Been working like a charm as long as I remember all the nuances when downloading a mod that has a scripted installer. ;) That can be tricksie sometimes.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Serethil » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Yep. I'm not fond of mods with installers, personally. I even install LotD manually.
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

When the Dark comes rising, six shall turn it back,
Three from the Circle, three from the track;
Wood, bronze, iron; water, fire, stone:
Five will return, and one go on alone.

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Teridactyl » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Entropy -- it's not what it used to be.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Kane » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:44 pm

I use that mod every time, but I've personally never run into that issue.
:pumpkin:

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm

I think I posted about this mod sometime back, but not sure. Anyway, I have to now, because I finally got around to trying it out. Works great, and I think best, with Snap n Build and Place Everywhere. The only thing is that they don't seem to be navmeshed, but I'm hoping the author will come back and do that. I'll still use though.

Workshop Fish Cabins

The doors are from the Capsules in Snap n Build, work and fit fine, at least on the big cabin, haven't tried on the small ones.

Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Teridactyl » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:20 pm

Hee hee hee! I love the name of it...Fish Cabins. I have the Port Royal mod which does a lot of the same stuff, plus gives me some other nifty nautical toys you see all over the wasteland beaches. :D

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Teridactyl » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:10 pm

OMG, this is the best thing I've found since Pose mods, you guys.

This isn't so much a mod as it is another awesome discovery you can play with in the console, like modpos or playidle. And if you're into storytelling with your characters, it's a MUST. I got so tired of seeing my characters not talking in the comic and screencaps for the shots I've so carefully orchestrated and arranged. They looked like they were telepathically speaking to each other, and it was annoying. I was able to get some emotion out of caaAnimFaceArchetype animations, but they kind of bug out your character, and you still can't get them to look like they're talking. But I dealt with it 'cause I didn't have any other options.

Enter MFG Morphs List. It's a user guide not a mod, and it tells you everything you need to work with. These values control the facial movements of any human character (possibly other races as well, but I haven't tried yet).

With it, you can control your character's mouth, eyebrows, smile, frown, eyes widened or narrowed (but not shut...still kind of annoyed that that's a pain), jaw set, etc... Pretty much any range of emotion or phoneme mouth position you want to make you can do so by entering mfg morphs X Y in the console and hitting Enter (where X is the morph key, and Y is the value 1 - 100). So for example, if I want to open the jaw a little bit, I'd enter

mfg morphs 2 10

2 being the control for the jaw, and 10 being the percent, and this would open their mouth slightly to show they're talking.

Here's some examples:

"...and the Deathclaw you rode in on!"

"Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?" (Press 1 for 'No' and, 2 for 'Double No'.)
Oh, shit... "Only 40 Supermutants? Who gave us these directions???"
Image BSOD "I said NOT to cut the red wire!"

I've given him some charming little smiles and grins, too, I just have use for a lot of shouty, scowly, oh-shit faces in my story, I guess. :lol:

Takes a couple hours to get used to it, since it's really easy to overdo it, but then you get a feel for how things work, particularly for your specific character's face. I also made some .bat files for common ones I've been using a lot, including one that completely zeroes out everything and sets all the values back to 0. But unlike poses, where I have to exit out of the game, futz with the pose in 3DS Max, export it from Max, and then import back into the game to see if it works, you can small adjustments right there in the game. It's AMAZING! I'm so glad I don't have to have my characters look like blank faces, or like they're telepathically speaking to one another anymore.

And while you're having fun with facial poses, get some good teeth while you're at it. I've tried every single one of them in Nexus, and Human Commons Realistic Teeth is the best, for male characters anyway. The others ranged in extreme from nightmarish to toothpaste ad. I found this to be a good middle ground.

It's a game-changer, y'all! I'm having fun! The updates to come will be spectacular! :D

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Serethil » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:19 pm

PDC, Teri!
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Kane » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Brambleberry » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:31 am

Super Duper find Kane! I'm definitely using that on my next play through. Sometimes Bugthesda's programming doesn't work and it takes silly hoop jumping to get a Settlement to finally give their quest.

:thumbs_up: Good find!

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Kane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:03 pm

I wish I'd found it before I started with my latest character. I might start over just to use this mod!

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:39 pm

So far, mine are going ok, except that Preston has developed a bad habit of giving me another before I'm done with the previous! :?

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Brambleberry » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:43 pm

I get the same thing Andra and even though I've the requisite number of settlements he won't give the take back the castle. I found out that a side quest for the other factions was preventing it. Once I finished that one then he did. The game is annoying sometimes with the gating mechanics.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Kane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:05 pm

I think one of the first mods I installed limited Preston to only one quest at a time. :lol:

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:52 pm

He wants to take back the castle with Brae, but I don't want to do it yet. Brae is only 20th level after the last restart, and I haven't even finished MacCready's quest yet. Too much I want to do before the castle stuff. Just seems like Preston is pushing things fast, lol.

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Teridactyl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:40 pm

Keep Commonwealth Radiant Quests within the Commonwealth is also a must-have for me.

I got a Kill-the-Courser radiant quest for the Railroad that wanted me to go to the center of Nuka-World before I'd even been there, which is at minimum a 2 hour dungeon slaughter from the Gunner fight at the Nuka-Station to the front door of the park just to get into the place. To get to that Courser, I would've needed to conquer half the park! :bonk:

So, NO game. YOU work for ME. I'll go there when I'm damn good and ready.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Brambleberry » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:03 pm

That mod has been in my load order from the day I saw it here on these forums. Not sure if it was Kane or Neil that mentioned it because it's been so long ago! AND *pounce* :hug: Good to see you Teri. :1:

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Teridactyl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:36 pm

I freaking miss you guys! Admittedly, I've been stalking here, but work has been insane, and I haven't been feeling so hot lately. I"m on a new med that's been messing with my kidneys, not real, real bad, just uncomfy and blarghy. :shock: It's finally starting to stabilize.

Also I kinda forget that not every post I make has to be 500 words, spell checked, double-spaced, full AP style citation, blah blah blah. Sometimes it can just be this. :heart: :hug: :heart:
Last edited by Teridactyl on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Serethil » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:15 am

Teri, we love you. We miss you when you haven't posted. We do NOT need installments - we just need YOU. So, hey, girl, show up, and let us know what's going on.

I worry. Serious.

Teridactyl
Knight
Zodiac:
United States of America

Fallout 4 Mod Repository

Post by Teridactyl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Pointless whining:

OMG! I've been doing these stupid football graphics. It's Customer Service Week this week, and my company (who literally just bought the rights to name the Denver Broncos Stadium here in town) wanted to do a football theme. So in two weeks, I designed a greeting card, three posters, two desk drop announcement cards, and a little icon. It's not even my job, so of course it was in addition to all the other work I normally do. I don't even like football! JESUS CHRIST.

My soul is Deflategate. :pbth:
Enough of that.

To keep my mind from absolutely rebelling, I did a little light construction around the settlements. :mrgreen: I really like Cabin in the Woods and Castle in the Sky building mods. At first I wasn't really down with the log cabin idea, but there's so many dead trees around the Commonwealth I bought into it after a while. Castle in the Sky is a bit Medieval Village looking for my Wasteland decorating tastes, but there are some really nice elements.

TenPines Bluff...
No longer the (second) worst suckhole in the state.

Château de Brahmin

My favorite guard tower design (from G2M Workshop.)

Finch Farm

The Finch's got a HUGE upgrade. Four cabins total, something like 12 people live there now. I largely don't subscribe the "pack them in, barracks-style" type of settlement building, so I usually give people plenty room to spread out. It may be a Wasteland, but people still need their damn space.

The cows are still stupid, though.

Abe and Abbey's kitchen. She cried when I unveiled it to her. (At least I like to think she did.)

Ooo-la-la. Schmancy!

I even gave Daniel Finch his own private bedroom so he could--ahem--entertain the ladies, should he ever get a chance, since he's always whining about not having a girlfriend. A couple single women have moved into the settlement, and I even tried to set them up, but they seem to be far more interested in my night watchman, Eron Black (you would too with a name like that). So it wasn't Daniel's inability to meet women that was his problem after all. Turns out he's just a miserable prick.

I think Nathan needs to have a little bro-to-bro chat with Daniel. Mostly because Nathan cares about him and doesn't wanna see him turn into a salty old curmudgeon before the kid's even 30, but also because he's annoying as shit and that is no way to attract anyone.

I know you said I didn't need to do epic posts, but man, I just to give my brain some FUN!