Lark ( Skyrim )

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 am

Two Days ago
"Khajiit wonders - Who are you?" I heard from the shadows of the next cell over.

"Lark, wandering entertainer of word and song," I told him.

"Ah, so you are a Bard. This one wonders what does a Bard do to earn a prison cell in Riften?" The Khajiit asked.

"One sings the wrong song to the wrong ears." I said chucking dryly." What brings you to our sweltering accommodation?"

"This one fought a dual with the wrong person and won," His tone was sardonic.

" I guess that's better than fighting a dual and loosing?" I asked.

"Perhaps - Does the Bard have a way to leave this humble abode?" he asked.

"As it happens,I do. A Priestess of Mara holds money for me for emergencies, this counts as one I would think." I really did think that, I would need to leave town and probably not come back for a while. Pity that, Riften would be a good place to make gold.

"This one has no such luck, unless Khajiit finds a patron. I do not suppose the Bard needs someone to guard her safety as she travels the land?" He asked softly.

"I would like to say no, but with the war and lack of patrols, bandits have become bolder. It is not all that safe to travel by ones self anymore." I told the Khajiit.

"Khajiit thinks that was a yes?" he asked.

"Yes - my finely furred friend, that was a yes." I told him, I looked in his direction, but he was still sitting in the shadows. "Of course you might not want to enter into a bargain knowing that I can not pay you. I do however take bounty and courier jobs time to time and those we can split 50/50, fee and loot."

"If you can keep this one in food and arrows and the occasional warm dry place to sleep, Khajiit will be happy to enter a bargain of one years service to get out of this damp cell." Their was an element of whine in his deep purring voice.

"I can do that, I have a warm dry home that we can retire to after my rounds. it has crafting tables and plots with food. " I told him, we didn't talk for the rest of the night and I didn't know it would take me two more days to get him out of the cell. One really should not embarrass a Jarls son in front of his friends.

Eleven days ago
I walked into Riverwood happy to be home. Tod and Peter were very happy to see me, I got plenty of sloppy wet kisses and furry cuddles. Before night fell I walked around the place and noticed all the work that would need to be done. The vegetable garden was bare and so was the herb pots, I spent half the day getting those tended to.

I spent time getting the house ready for me to leave and another family member to arrive, we were one and all travelers -Bards, Traders or Mercenaries depending on one's proclivities.

I spent my evenings reading, researching the ancient barrows, trying to find one that would have a good haul of treasure. Being a Bard I knew the history of Skyrim very well, so I knew that some barrows might be ripe with loot and others not so much. It wasn't that I wanted to retire now, it's that I wanted to retire before my hands hurt from the cold and yet I still had to pluck strings.

Seven days ago
I spent a couple of days traveling from Falkreath Hold to Iverstead, after playing at The Dead Man's Drink - going over the high passes in the bitter cold.

I reached the shack an Alchemist friend was using only to find that he was not there and it didn't look as if he had been there in a while. He had bought himself a mare that was in foal from the letters he had written. When I got there she had been defending her foal against a pack of wolves. After looking around in the evening and having a good nights sleep, I decided to take the mare with me, I left him a note telling him that I took the mare and that I would eventually be going back to Riverwood and would leave here there.

Five days ago
I played in Iverstead and helped the bar maid learn a few more tunes on the Lute, she wasn't bad, but needed to learn that their was more to intertaining that wearing a low cute dress.
( I know it's the wrong INN...)
It was a constant battle to get to Riften and took longer than normal.. which lead me to a mistake I might not have otherwise mage.

Three Nights ago... I made the mistake of singing a song that Maven Blackbriar did not take a fancy to as she thought the satire was about her. Had I known, had I done the right kind of recon in town - I would never have sung that particular song, as it probably was about her.
Life is about the Journey, not the destination
Aireal's Table of Contents

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Serethil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 am

Oh NICE! LOVE it Sis! Is the Khajiit Inigo?
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

When the Dark comes rising, six shall turn it back,
Three from the Circle, three from the track;
Wood, bronze, iron; water, fire, stone:
Five will return, and one go on alone.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:46 am

Thanks Sis.. and yes, there are only 3 really good male followers that are fully voiced. Inigo, Hoth, and Bishop... Hoth is a bit too old and I don't want to deal with the whole Dragon Born thing.. and of the other uniquely voiced males, none are as well done...better looking, but not as well done.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Serethil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 am

Well, Inigo is a prize, so no worries!
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:24 am

Yeah, I used him with one of my male characters.. budy/ brothers in arms... I really liked him.

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Oh this is fun Sis, loving it! :D
Image "Life is short, eat dessert first."

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Thank you Sis... it IS fun, so far and I am hoping it stays that way!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:05 am

Three days ago
Three days ago I arrived in Riften late in the evening and asked if I could perform for room, board and tips. The Argonian that ran the Bee and Barb was happy to say yes, but wanted me to wait until late evening to start playing, I had no problems with that. The Dinner and after dinner crowd would spend more if I wasn't repeating songs or at least not repeating song's that they remembered!

The evening was all going well and the tips were flowing in that is until I play a song on request. I did not know that it would be taken personally, but it was. I soon found myself in a prison cell, not knowing exactly why - yes I could guess, but I was never really told. I sent word via a guard to a Priestess of Mara, asking her to pay my fine. I could only be thankful that some visiting dignitaries were on hand and more severe charges could not be brought up.

Present
It took much longer than I had thought to get the Khajiit out of prison, I saw him fully for the first time as we walked out of the cells into the light of Masser and Secunda. I did not think he was one of the run of the mill Khajiit that lived by trading or those whose business tended to be done by night. I could, of course, be wrong.

We left Riften as soon as we both had gathered our things. Generally, I would not want to leave at night, but I wanted shut of Mavin Blackbriar before she decided to send one of her lackeys after me.

It would be later into the night than I had thought before we could get to Shor's Stone, I have forgotten about Fort Greenwall and the bandits that usually inhabited it.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Serethil » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:20 am

LOVE it Sis! Really enjoying this way of story-giving!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:33 am

Thank you!! it's fun and light!

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Me too Are. :7: That is, I agree with Sere!
Last edited by Andra Hawksdaughter on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Fort Greenwall loomed in the darkness and we could see the bandits walking the wall.
The battle was neither quick nor clean, but we decided not to enter the interior of the Fort. We were not being paid to get rid of the bandits and I didn't want to take the risk.

Dawn was breaking when we entered Shores Stone. I was a bit keyed up and knew I would not get any sleep yet. I asked my Khajiit Bodyguard and he said he was also to restless to sleep. I noticed that we was not speaking in the third person and asked him what that was all about.

"It's an identifier." He had said.

"A what?", I didn't understand his meaning.

"Close you eyes and tell me what you remember about me," The Khajiit ordered, so I did.

"hmm You are a head taller than me, black on black subtle stripes, red/gold eyes. circular earrings in both ears and a 3 clawed scar across your nose. And that armor that probably costs more than i'm worth," I said and he chuckled.

"Other than the scar you describe a hundred if not a thousand Khajiit and I happen to know one of the traders here in Skyrim could be described the same. If I sold my armor, he would buy and wear it.. thus he is now me- Only Khajiit speaks in third person as Khajiit generally do." He explained.

"OH.. I guess that makes sense if you don't want people to remember you." I said and then clammed up. I thought about it as we went to the INN and ordered breakfast. I saw that they had a Bard, so didn't bother asking about playing for my keep, this Inn was too small to have enough rooms for more than one non-paying customer.

I thought about that long and hard and after we ate, went out to where I had the mare picketed. I'm a Bard for many reasons, curiosity being one of them.. Sure I wanted to know, but did I need to know?

"Thief or Assassin?" I asked.

"A little bit of both and neither," He said. "You could say I do special jobs for some very high ranking people"

"In other words, I really don't want to know," I sighed and looked inward for a moment. " I keep to the smaller towns and smaller venues to remain anonymous, same reason I wear these leathers. I don't look like a good 'mark', traveling alone has it's hazards. Trust is a two-way street, no one is going to believe you are my bodyguard, act like a love-sick fool - at least until you trust me enough to tell me." I didn't say what, I didn't need to.. he nodded his head.
We went to the Smith as I needed to have my sword sharpened, I had it a stone and some chipping had occurred.
He warned that if we had come looking for a job in the mine, we would not find it - due to spiders in said mine. As that sounded more like a job I would take, I asked about it...and that is how my Khajiit and I ended up in a mine full of spiders...

The effective distance of my crossbow...was close enough.. Khajiit used his sword - I really would have to ask hiim his name.

We left Shores Stone the next morning, well before daylight, with letters and a package for people strewn throughout Skyrim.

Before the sun even crowned the mountains... a spriggan decided to attack, all I can say is that I am glad she glowed in the dark!

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Serethil » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Great stuff Sis! Loving it!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 am

Thank you Sis.. very short update.. Didn't play much!

Andra Hawksdaughter
Overlord
Zodiac:
United States of America

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Andra Hawksdaughter » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 am

Good stuff Are-Sis!! But eek, your spiders give me the willies!

Aireal
Global Moderator
Zodiac:
Skyrim

Lark ( Skyrim )

Post by Aireal » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:59 am

Thankks Sis.. yeah, the different kinds... ooooohhh creepy!