*sigh* UGH

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:41 am

So.... apparently ESO is going to go skyrim next chapter.

Not happy.
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

"Matrilineal succession is the only thing that makes sense as far as I'm concerned, since you always know who the mother is, and the father could be anyone."

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

*sigh* UGH

Post by Brambleberry » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:28 am

Probably thought it a natural progression. Dragons in Elswyr, so head to Skyrim for MOAR dragons. :roll:

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Apparently. The servers can't handle all the Skyrim fans flooding them.... gonna be a disaster. Also the people who will be unhappy about it NOT being the Skyrim they're familiar with.... the forums will explode. Or implode. Or both.
Loving fantasy since 1960 or so, FRPGs since 1975 (appx), and CRPGs since 1985....

"Matrilineal succession is the only thing that makes sense as far as I'm concerned, since you always know who the mother is, and the father could be anyone."

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

*sigh* UGH

Post by Brambleberry » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Meh, I have my Skyrim and I'm sticking to it.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I won't buy the chapter. Of course, I'll have to download it all.... But since they're planning a full redownload of the entire game sometime in Q1, I may not be playing anyway. Right now, the Zenimax Online folder on my drive is 103 GB. They're supposedly going to do some better compression tech, and it will be smaller. Even if it's half that I will have one hell of a time downloading it....

So - no telling.

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

*sigh* UGH

Post by glargg » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:18 am

To be fair, though, it figures that this next chapter would be there. Western Skyrim is one of the big blank areas left on the map, and the last two chapters involved the Dominion territory.

Maybe it will be something more intelligent than "moar dragons"... (Yeah, I know, but I can hope! :shrug: )
Today is the last day before Tomorrow happens. Procrastinators take note.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:07 pm

I don't hate Skyrim - far from it; after all, I'm STILL PLAYING IT. Not as much as I used to, of course. I wanted the rest of Hammerfell first.... Biggest issue for me with Skyrim isn't dragons - it's Nords. I've never had any use for the race. I have a couple, don't play them much (in ESO I mean). Unless you really WANT to tank for groups, they're not much good for anything.

I certainly don't mind more dragons. I just object to more Nord stupidity. I swear, if they come up with something involving Stormcloak (of that era) idiocy....

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

*sigh* UGH

Post by glargg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:17 am

I'm tired of dragons. I got the last chapter because of Elsweyr, not because of dragons, and I've pretty much ignored its main quest. My most recent Skyrim play has all been dragonless.

I'd like to see something involving the Akaviri.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:29 am

glargg wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:17 am
I'm tired of dragons. I got the last chapter because of Elsweyr, not because of dragons, and I've pretty much ignored its main quest. My most recent Skyrim play has all been dragonless.

I'd like to see something involving the Akaviri.
That would be good. But I'm NOT tired of dragons. I love dragons.

What I'm tired of is people who can't keep from posting stupid crap on the ESO forums.

Brambleberry
Jarl
Zodiac:
High Rock

*sigh* UGH

Post by Brambleberry » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:36 pm

There are other forums other than Haven? *giggling* I haven't been to another forum in so long I can't remember the last one I visited. I'm not counting reddit when I need to look something up, but yeah, I don't participate in any other forums, they're all too toxic for lack of a better word. Perhaps acerbic might work!
Last edited by Brambleberry on Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

*sigh* UGH

Post by glargg » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Brambleberry wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:36 pm
There are other forums other than Haven? *giggling* I haven't been to another forum in so long I can't remember the last one I visited. I'm not counting reddit when I need to look something up, but yeah, I don't participate in any other forums, they're all too toxic for lack of a better word. Perhaps acerbic might work!
That's pretty much my feeling now, too. I'd rather not plow through all the sourness on the "official" forums.

Here, it's comfortable. Feels like Home. :)

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Well, it's my long time way of operating - I've always done my best to help out on forums for games I play.... like Skyrim.... Oblivion.... all the way back to BG1. Now THAT was a toxic place.... So were the WoW forums. RIFT's were far more moderate at the time I was playing it. Much more "adult" than most of them.

Kane
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Kane » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:04 pm

Surprised it took this long, to be honest. Especially since Skyrim was their cash cow. I, too, think Akaviri would be a nice change of pace. Or Pyandonea and Thras.
:heart:

TheShadowScout
Citizen
Zodiac:
Morrowind

*sigh* UGH

Post by TheShadowScout » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm

Well, it was bound to happen. Too many skyrim fanboys... also, they did Morrowind, CWC, Summerset, Murkmire and Elsweyr... so it was either Skyrim snow, or Hammerfell desert.

I would have liked Nibenay first, but I could see they would want to go with a different theme considering how much imperial influence we had in elsweyr...
Serethil wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:29 am
What I'm tired of is people who can't keep from posting stupid crap on the ESO forums.
Agreed.
I keep trying to calmly educate the people on the lore, but... ehhhh.
It makes me dislike the ESO forums modus operandi sometime, how they close old discussions, and let people make a new "bring back the dwemer" thread every couple months, where I gotta post the same old "Nope, you fools, they are -gone- and won't be back within the time frame of ESO" over and over again...
"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between Light and Dark..."

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:06 pm

TheShadowScout wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:47 pm
Well, it was bound to happen. Too many skyrim fanboys... also, they did Morrowind, CWC, Summerset, Murkmire and Elsweyr... so it was either Skyrim snow, or Hammerfell desert.

I would have liked Nibenay first, but I could see they would want to go with a different theme considering how much imperial influence we had in elsweyr...
Serethil wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:29 am
Agreed.
I keep trying to calmly educate the people on the lore, but... ehhhh.
It makes me dislike the ESO forums modus operandi sometime, how they close old discussions, and let people make a new "bring back the dwemer" thread every couple months, where I gotta post the same old "Nope, you fools, they are -gone- and won't be back within the time frame of ESO" over and over again...
Yup. And I keep clicking on the Agree and Awesome buttons when you do!

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:11 am

Well.... it's not only Skyrim.... it's vampires. *SIGH*

Not buying this chapter.

TheShadowScout
Citizen
Zodiac:
Morrowind

*sigh* UGH

Post by TheShadowScout » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm

I for one would buy it just as I buy pretty much every region of Tamrial I can get...

And while I care little for vampires, I do like gothic stuff... and the trailer -does- look neat.

And the "go looking for antiquities" system sounds right up my alley! For that I can put up with bloodsucking fiends and drunken nords! ;)
"True understanding can be found only in the Shadow between Light and Dark..."

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:44 pm

I won't mess with it at all until it's a free DLC with ESO+. And even then I doubt I'll do anything much with it.

Serethil
Site Administrator
Zodiac:
Hammerfell

*sigh* UGH

Post by Serethil » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:45 pm

Okay - the pts patch notes say that the re-download is coming with the Harrowstorm dungeon DLC, will be 68.55 GB. Not sure how long the pts cycle is, but looks like probably late Feb/early Mar. /grumble

glargg
Jarl
Zodiac:
Elsweyr

*sigh* UGH

Post by glargg » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:26 am

Serethil wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:45 pm
68.55 GB
That's going to annoy a lot of people with slow connections. It would have annoyed me considerably at my old house; that would have taken about 6 or 7 hours to download there.

Here, it will be around a half hour.